Lignosulfonate (Lignosulphonate) can be used in many industries and products with promising future . It works on the surface of particles, both in dry systems and in water solutions.Lignosulfonate has different compositions and molecular dimensions (because they are polymers that can be modified by the addition of organic or inorganic groups to the molecule). They are anionic derivatives of lignin, water soluble and surfactants.
- Lignosulfonate is widelyas a cement additive where it binds to the surface of the cement particles and delays the absorption of water, which is hardening. The additive also influences the structure of the hardened cement. Theuse for lignosulfonates is as plasticizers in making concrete,where they allow concrete to be made with less water (giving stronger concrete) while maintaining the ability of the concrete to flow. Lignosulfonates are also used during the production of cement, where they act as grinding aids in the cement mill and as a rawmix slurry deflocculant (that reduces the viscosity of the slurry).
- Lignosulphonate also used in lead batteries where some tenth of a percent of lignosulfonate acts on crystallization of the lead sulfate so that the battery gets a much longer life-time.
- Lignosulphonate is used as a filler and binder in ceramic tiles, resins to fiber boards, casting sand and in fodder pellets.
- Lignosulphonateis widely used for dust-suppression roads as well as in dusty processes within industry. Lignosulfonate is used as a dispersant in products like fodder, disperse pesticides, dyes,carbon black, and other insoluble solids and liquids into water
- It is used in industrial management of slurry, where addition of the substance facilitates pumping and separation of water in e.g. concrete.
- Lignosulfonates also have complexing properties and are used in ppm-concentrations to prevent scaling in hot and cooling waters and to keep micro-nutrients in solution in liquid fertilizers.
- Lignosulfonates to reduce the viscosity of mineral slurries is used to advantage in oil drilling mud, where it replaced tannic acids from quebracho (a tropical tree).
- Lignosulfonates are also used for the production of plasterboard to reduce the amount of water required to make the stucco flow and form the layer between two sheets of paper. The reduction in water content allows lower kiln temperatures to dry the plasterboard, saving energy.
- Lignosulphonates could work as a binder of powder and granular materials: for iron ore powder, lead and zinc powder, pulverized coal, coke Toner pressure on the ball; extrusion of cast iron, cast steel sand repression; mud-brick wall and floor tiles molding; mineral aggregate into a ball and provides high strength, good stability, lubrication and mold good results.
- Oxidation of lignosulfonates from softwood trees produced vanillin (artificial vanilla flavor)
Lignosulfonate work as binder
One of lignosulfonate famous property is binder is used in a wide range of applications.Lignosulfonates is a brown amorphous powder are the salts of lignosulfonic acid which is formed as a byproduct when wood pulp is treated by the sulphite method during the manufacturing of paper.When such lignosulfonate become wet its binding capacity will exhibit.Meanwhile a lot of industries has some fines is different to cope with,lignosulfonatecould bind them into larger part to take full use of them.Lignosulfonates binding capacity Could widely used for the following industries:
1. Coal Briquettes or refinery coke binder
2. Dust suppressants(Dust control agent)and surface stabilizer
4. Animal feed pellets
5. Carbon black
Lignosulfonate work as a Dispersant
Lignosulfonate cold keep the undissolved fine particles in suspension.They will be tightly attached to each other on the surface to reducing water ,accordingly it was natural water reducing agent and plasticizer .
Lignosulfonate work as emulsifer
Lignosulfonate could emulsify two liquids which are not compatible like oil and water,make them highly connected with each other. It shows a high adsorption affinity for a wide range of chemical substrates, like oil, fat and wax so lignosulfonate could work as emulsion stabilisers.
Lignosulfonates are anionic derivatives of lignin, water soluble and surfactants usually work as Extrusion Agent
Yellowish powders, have variable compositions and also variable molecular dimensions (because they are polymers that can be modified by the addition of organic or inorganic groups to the molecule).
Lignosulfonates are very effective in increasing mechanical dry strength in ceramic pieces.
Lignosulfonates act as lubricants during extrusion or pressing operations.
Additions of lignosulfonates to ceramic slips can vary from 0.1 to 2.0% and they are relatively inexpensive. For pressed tiles, 1% lignosulfonate can double mechanical strength (however often a black core appears). Lignosulfonates are often used to reduce shrinkage yet maintain after-forming mechanical strength (because reduced amounts of plastic clays are needed).
Lignosulfonate work as extrusion agent for chemical fertilizer granulation.
Could make the wet past into granulation under low pressure extrusion is used for the conversion of powders into granules.Greatly reduce the dust during production,and perfect function of segregation of granules after drying.
Lignosulfonate could retard the setting of cement. It is designed for use in wells with circulating temperatures between 125°F (52°C) and 206°F (97°C) – 290°F static (143°C) ,is compatible with the following:
- Fresh or saltwater slurries
- Most cement additives
- All API cements
- Bentonite cement
- Pozmix® A cement
Benefits as follows
- Increased concentrations of HR-5 additive enhance the predictability of cement thickening times.
- Decreases the danger of over-retarded slurries at the top of a long cement column.
- Provides early cement strength development.
- Helps displace slurries at high rates while maintaining formation pressure.
The modified grade represents lignosulfonates that have been blended or reacted with a second component. The compounds most commonly used as blend components are boric acid and the hydroxycarboxylic acids, or their salts. Blended materials are available as calcium or sodium salts. The modified lignosulfonates are typically used at a BHCT of 200°F or above. They are more effective than the purified grade at temperatures greater than 250°F. The advantages, whether a blend or reacted product, are their improved high-temperature stability above 300°F BHCT, increased dispersing activity, and synergism with fluid-loss additives.
Work For Dust Control
Lignosulfonate could work as naturally binder as its original form of lignin to bind the cellulose and fiber,so it can be used binding agent in pellets or compressed materials,also could used as dust control agent,which will be much more environment friendly and lower cost compared with Chloride.
How lignosulfonate control the dust
Lignosulfonate binds the road dust surface particle,when evaporate it will become the high-viscosity, naturally sticky material traps dust particles,then after sun heat will make a water resistant durable dust control surface.
Features & Benefits
Environment friendly produce ,non-chemical like chloride.
Reduce dust to PM10 Standards
Can be used on many soil types
Can be used in any places (near water, trees, orchards),will not cause pollution.
Application rates for a topical application are 0.3-0.5 gallons per square yard.
Pre-wet the road before spray the water.
Hi there, all the time i used to check weblog posts here early in the break of day, for the reason that i enjoy to find out more and more.
Comments are closed.